During a quiet time God gave me this idea for directing my thoughts for the day. In the morning I write out my day with the acronym FATHER.
Here’s what I mean. I want to live each day with my Father. To do that I need:
Some days it’s my thoughts to Him:
- Focus: You are good and bigger than any hurt.
- Authority: I control my thoughts and choose prayer and praise.
- Thanksgiving: I thank you for Brian and my kids, and for hard relationships.
- Hope: God you alone are my hope.
- Encouragement: With You all things are possible.
- Rest: I rest in Your goodness and love!
Some days He speaks to me:
- Focus: I love you. I am working. You are enough.
- Authority: Bless the day. Walk in authority.
- Thanksgiving: Praise me all day.
- Hope: in, Me. I am faithful & true – Always.
- Encouragement: I am pleased.
- Rest: I am here. Ask. Listen. Obey.
Some days it’s declarations:
- Focus: I am loved and accepted.
- Authority: I have authority in Jesus name.
- Thanksgiving: I am blessed beyond measure.
- Hope: God is working in and through me.
- Encouragement: It will be worth it.
- Rest: God is for me. Who can be against me?
Give it a try! I’d love to hear how it goes.