- Ping by Marjorie Flack and Kurt Wiese
- paper (here’s one you can print)
- paint or oil pastels or crayons and an iron*
Read and discuss the story. Enjoy. Stop to ask and answer questions. There are many great lessons to explore. In Story Time I touched on discipline being better than other options. I figure most children hear enough about that. I focused on the reflections in the water showing how we can reflect the love of God to others.
- Why are there rules?
- Why do we get disciplined?
- Would it be better for Ping to have taken the swat than hide?
- How important is family?
- How do you reflect God’s love? How can people see God’s love in you?
- Share how you see God’s love reflected in each other.
- Fold your paper in half. (Our group, using the picture I drew, did the process twice. First for the boat, then for the duck and water.)
- Draw and color or paint a duck like Ping on the fold of your paper.
- Add some water around Ping.
- Fold the paper the other way and press the color from one side to the other. *If you color with crayon iron lightly to transfer wax from one half to the other.